By investing in the World Wave Project’s research you become an active participant in the science of Wave Engineering to help us create new surf breaks around the world for everyone to enjoy.
All donations are held in a trust account and used exclusively for its intended purpose with full transparency. * Please note, we are not a non-profit foundation so donations are not tax deductible.
Your contribution helps us make a difference in the surf community by providing funds to research the most responsible and cost efficient ways to improve and create surf breaks. Gifts from friends like you help us serve the greater ocean community and help us achieve our core objectives laid out in the concept.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the program in more detail or make larger donations. All donations are managed by World Wave Expeditions through an Indiegogo crowdfunding account..
Corporate and Foundation Giving
Demonstrate your commitment to groundbreaking research, ocean preservation, and science education.
- Support the World Wave Project to help us conduct research and expand on our knowledge of ocean dynamics in the surf zone
- Help expand career opportunities
- Engage the surf community
The generosity of corporate and foundation donors makes our research possible. Our team would love to work with you to explore how your organization’s priorities and interests align with current opportunities.
If you would like to sponsor the World Wave Project please contact us with your request.
If you would like to donate physical gifts or services that are beneficial to our research please contact our team for a list of supplies and programs we can utilize to prove our concept.
At this stage of our mission we are all volunteers and 100% of all donated funds (minus Indiegogo fees) will be directed to our Proof of Concept. There is no direct need for full time volunteers but this might change according to our needs. Right now we encourage potential volunteers to focus on helping us compile information about surf breaks in their area or that they find via Google Earth that they feel could be a good candidate for future study and consideration. The World Wave Project will track our volunteer’s submissions and make them available on our website for review and analysis.
We are looking for areas with the following characteristics:
- Waves that are considered “almost waves”
- Consistent swells
- Favorable winds
- Accessible from multiple destinations
- Easy to get to, one flight
- Open government
The World Wave Project is coordinated by Anthony Marcotti from World Wave Expeditions, Dr. Shaw Mead, and Ed Atkin. We are dedicated to maintaining and respecting the privacy of our donors. We handle your information with care and confidentiality.
The World Wave Project collects the following personal information when a transaction is made: name, amount donated, telephone number, and e-mail address. Donor information is used for the following internal purposes:
- Distribute receipts for acknowledgment of donations via Indiegogo
- Thank donors for their contribution
- Inform donors about current and upcoming activities of the World Wave Project
- Track and analyze donor data
- Comply with current laws and regulations governing disclosure and financial reporting
- World Wave Project does not sell or lease donor information under any circumstance. Donors are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from e-mails at any time.
Your online donations are safe and secure. The World Wave Project uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and the security of your transaction using Indiegogo’s payment processor. Transactions are confirmed by a follow-up e-mail. We will remove your name from our mailing list, e-mail list or telephone solicitation list at your request.
Contact us for alternative/offline ways you can make donations by check or wire.
Our Donor Bill of Rights:
- To be informed of World Wave Project’s vision, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of the group’s capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those coordinating this initiative and to expect the members to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To be assured their contributions will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions.
- To be assured that information about their contributions is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.