Images of PO2
Sykes, H. R., 2021. Assessment of Marine Resources: Stage 1 for World Wave Project, Qamea and Taveuni Islands, Fiji. Prepared for the WWP, September 2021.
P02 – Selected “The entire reef is indicative of very high wave and swell impact, with small low corals offering very little shelter for marine life such as fishes and motile invertebrates.” (Skyes, 2021). Works restricted to <4 m deep.
Coral classified from the reef top to 20 m deep:
- Reef top usually exposed at low tide
- 5 m deep = 30% live coral;
- 8 m deep = 15% live coral;
- 10 m deep = 5% live coral
- 15 m deep = dead coral rock <% live coral
- 20 m deep = sand.